Strategic planning, internal training, influencing the telco market trough events, operational support for service providers.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I throughout enjoyed my placement. It has been a great insight and learning.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had all appreciation from my colleagues who were very supportive of me.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had contact with highly influential and knowledgable experts who were all very happy to share their insight with me. This enabled me to become an expert in my field and support my organisation to the full extend.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I met representatives of customers and leaders all around the world. I`ve been fairly busy travelling around the world and attending events and in the office partiipating in in C-level discussions while supporting these customer accounts.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I`ve been given responsibility gradually as I improved. By the end of my placement I`ve been in charge of groups of 5-10 people coordinating Intel`s influencing activities in the European region.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I created a great network of experts who are constantly teaching me new skills. I improved my interpersonal skills and business acumen as well as my market knowledge in a domain I didn`t know anything about. the skills learnt at Intel will guide me all my life and career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Intel has an open culture that doesn`t distinguish between new-commers and veteran experts. It has been most enjoyable in overall. The atmosphere was kind, supportive of learning and development and most engaging.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There had been changes in my role through the placement due to my original boss` retirement but the organisation coped with the change very well. I have been put on a new role that fitted my skillset and exploited my capabilities to the full. Every department of the organisation was easily approachable and generous in advice.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I attended a wast amount of internal training that focused on market knowledge, interpersonal skills, tools and strategy all for free.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I`d like to come back to Intel because of the atmosphere, people and great achievements Intel enabled me to gain. I already feel like I have a very good chance fro being hired back as a graduate into my preferred area. I had several offers relating to my aspirations although they are slightly different from what i`m doing as an intern. there are countless offers around the globe and a huge flexibility that attracts me coming back and build a career at Intel.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we had a great community of Interns and colleagues as well. We went on several trips together and I lived with 3 other interns. The team is very welcoming and I`ll go away knowing I`ll have friends for a long time from intel.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I spent about 450 pounds a month on rent, bills, socialising and nothing on travel as my house was close to the office.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nighlife is not the best in town but we always found ways to entertain ourselves with pub dinners, local attractions and close by festivals.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, we constantly looked out for extra activities and participated in a lot of charity events.