Auditing and Taxation Insight Week Student at RSM

Bromley South East
Auditing/Tax Marketing

7.0/10

Involved in auditing, accounts and taxation within the firm. Gaining experience in all three areas as well as working on projects independently.

The insight experience was very enjoyable, everyone in the office was friendly and I gained hands on experience - something unable to learn from university. I actually enjoyed learning about auditing and taxation a lot more than I expected!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at RSM

I felt very valued and was taken for lunch with the whole team on my last day!

I did not receive mug guidance at the start of my insight experience however I gained a lot of knowledge in taxation policies which I had limited knowledge prior to working at Baker Tilly.

The skills I developed enabled me to understand much more of my accounting units at university and I was also able to apply for the Baker Tilly Placement scheme

There were times where they had run out of things for me to do.

The office was hardworking but also friendly

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at RSM

They team allowed me to work independently on many projects and so I feel that they really did improve my knowledge by training me this way.

I was allowed to work with all teams within the office and so developed an understanding of their roles quickly.

I think it helped to understand- they are definitely hardworking and less chatty!

It made me feel that I would be able to do this role if I wanted to which I was surprised about. But I also felt that it was quite monotonous and so wouldn't like working there for a long career without changes.

I met everyone within the office but the team was small there.

I was invited to lunch with all the team members, howeber I had already met these people prior to the event.

Some people described events but not much.

I would recommend anyone this to anyone who is undecided about going into auditing, accounting and taxation.