Undergraduate Placement Student at BAT

Innovation and development
Consumer insights
Project Management
Technical Insights

I enjoyed my placement year greatly. I worked on a variety of projects, worked between two sites (Even had the opportunity to go abroad). I met some truly amazing people, with a great wealth of knowledge and experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

I was always made to feel like an employee and not a student, which I really appreciated. I was made to feel valuable and important to the business.

I was always able to find someone who could help and guide me whenever required. However working between two sites I was not able to have the people who I worked with on projects or my line manager with me on a day-to-day basis. However this did help me to be an independent problem solver in the long run.

I was in a department of the business that was extremely busy and fast paced, and I feel I really thrived in it. I am a person who always has to be busy/doing something, so it suited me down to the ground, It also taught me to balance work for different projects at the same time.

I was working across several projects that spanned from consumer insights, to fundamental science to innovation and development. I was always made to feel important,

I believe the skills I have picked up will help me more in a beyond studying capacity, as I have had to learn responsibility, leadership and communication skills. Time keeping and hard working, are skills that I will definitely take back with me to university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

Brilliant. I couldn't ask for more. Both fun and hard working.

The department I worked in was a new fast paced part of the business so there weren't to many thing that were organised, Most thinks were last minute, this didn't affect me as I quite enjoyed the excitement. However I am not sure this would suit other people.

I was placed on several science based learning courses, which was very good of the company. This will definatly help me in my remaining years at university

There are a few cases of ex-placement students returning to the company, however not as many as I would expect. So I am unsure if I will be offered a role at the company in the future.

I got on well with my fellow placement students.
I have had many great social experiences with my work colleagues, especially as the year progressed.

Very Reasonable, for both housing and socialising.

When I went out with the right people to the right places, I had an amazing time.

But as the case is everywhere there are great and NOT so great places.

Lots of opportunities to get involved and attend sporting events, as well as music festivals. Great for me.