UBS Spring Insight 2010 at UBS

Banking/Finance

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

UBS is a Top Employer

5.9/10

4.5

Spring Insight week introducing first year students to the industry.

It was interesting to get a first hand look at an investment bank and meet other students in the same position.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Everyone was quite encouraging and willing to talk to us about their experiences.

They planned it so we always had something to do, though it would have been nice to spend longer work shadowing.

We didn't really have any real work to do.

They tried hard to teach us the basics of an investment bank which was useful for someone like me who isn't studying a finance related degree- but may not be for those who are.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

It was an interesting experience and though they warned us during the week we would have a numerical assessment on the last day and assessment centre, we had not previously been aware of this. This could have been bad as it would mess up our chance of securing a summer internship if we were not prepared.

I secured a summer internship for the following summer ( in the same department that we had chosen for the spring insight).

In the evenings the company did hold a pub quiz one night but when there wasn't anything organised we would go out to dinner though we didn't really spend long enough in London to see much.

UBS paid for our accommodation and travel.