1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I attend my placement tree times a week, this is a good balance alongside university lectures and work. I feel Network rail is a good company to work for as there are plenty of opportunities to become inolved in schemes and programmes to aid my personal development.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel comfortable amongst collegues as they have been very welcoming and supportive towards my placement scheme.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers have been very supportive in me becoming a valued member of the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am relitively busy everyday however, I rely on colleuges in my team giving me work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given small tasks and projects to own and develop.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
From attending this placement I have grown as a person as I can act in a proffesional manner within the workplace. My confidence levels have grown and also my IT skills have developed.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is positive. Everyone is very welocoming and will stop and have a catch up with you and your progress.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement has been arranged relitvely well. I was given an induction and I was placed in a team. However, travel arrangements such as discounts on train travel have not been oranised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have gone on many different courses in different locations and also visited the main training facilities in Coventry. I have been a part of the Diveristy and Inclusion programme, Inspire (women in rail) and a programme to re- develop the Wales route induction programme.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a great chance that I will be given a role within Network rail at the end of my degree programme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are othere placement students within my team so we are able to support eachother as we are all in the same boat.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I currently live at home with my parents. However, the cost of socialising in Cardiff is of a reasonable cost which is affordable for students.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Cardiff is very good throughout the week and especially on the weekends. There is plenty of choice of clubs and bars, so there is something to suit everyone.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There have been opportunities to complete charity work and also go on team away days.