Performance Undergraduate Placement at Network Rail

7.4/10

7.7
7.4

Measurement team.

I attend my placement tree times a week, this is a good balance alongside university lectures and work. I feel Network rail is a good company to work for as there are plenty of opportunities to become inolved in schemes and programmes to aid my personal development.

I feel comfortable amongst collegues as they have been very welcoming and supportive towards my placement scheme.

My managers have been very supportive in me becoming a valued member of the team.

I am relitively busy everyday however, I rely on colleuges in my team giving me work.

I have been given small tasks and projects to own and develop.

From attending this placement I have grown as a person as I can act in a proffesional manner within the workplace. My confidence levels have grown and also my IT skills have developed.

The atmosphere in the office is positive. Everyone is very welocoming and will stop and have a catch up with you and your progress.

The placement has been arranged relitvely well. I was given an induction and I was placed in a team. However, travel arrangements such as discounts on train travel have not been oranised.

I have gone on many different courses in different locations and also visited the main training facilities in Coventry. I have been a part of the Diveristy and Inclusion programme, Inspire (women in rail) and a programme to re- develop the Wales route induction programme.

There is a great chance that I will be given a role within Network rail at the end of my degree programme.

There are othere placement students within my team so we are able to support eachother as we are all in the same boat.

I currently live at home with my parents. However, the cost of socialising in Cardiff is of a reasonable cost which is affordable for students.

Nightlife in Cardiff is very good throughout the week and especially on the weekends. There is plenty of choice of clubs and bars, so there is something to suit everyone.

There have been opportunities to complete charity work and also go on team away days.