Summer Associate at Bank of America

Bank of America is a Top Employer

6.7/10

7.4

1 week training, then 2 rotations of 4 week each

My first placement was a big disappointment. I had no work, the team wasn't interested in me, they did not include me in their daily business. This was very disappointing considering that I had worked 7 years in that area and was more qualified than some of the team members. It was a real waste of time and very boring. They did also not introduce me to anyone, etc.
The second rotation was massively different (Equity Derivative Sales). I had a fantastic time there. The people were interested to get to know me, test my knowledge, have me involved in the business and have me contributing. I really enjoyed my time at that desk and learned a lot.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Bank of America

Again, during my first rotation I did not feel valued at all, apart from one person in the team. In my second rotation I felt highly valued and respected.

Not sure what you mean with management. The term is too large

1st rotation: not busy at all. very boring
2nd rotation: very busy, but still had the time to learn, sit with people and just observe. A perfect balance

1st rotation: No responsibility, not much involvement. I was given 'pro forma' analysis work that nobody was interested in at the end.
2nd rotation: I had little responsibility as it was a trading sales desk. However, the involvement was high

The one week of training was very good. A perfect transission back into professional life. In general, I learned a lot during the internship, also personally

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Bank of America

just wrong first placement. I can really not recommend Merrill Lynch to place any interns at that desk. The internship offers the opportunity to find a job, but if you place interns at desks that are not interested in having an intern that becomes pretty frustrating.

excellent first week of training and thereafter continuously speaking sessions

most of the socialising was sponsored by Merrill Lynch