- Support wider marketing team in ad-hoc creative projects
- Regular admin duties
- Liaise with agencies and retailers to fulfill their creative needs
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working at WB has far exceeded my already high expectations. It was a pure delight coming to work every day and I do not want to leave when my placement ends. In terms of what you want out of a placement year I genuinely believe Warner Bros cannot be beaten.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team has made me feel extremely valued and sometimes you even forget you are an intern. They make you feel involved in all the aspects of business and you feel like you are actively contributing to the output of the business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has always helped me when there is an issue and has given clear direction and support when it comes to my role and responsibilities.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Inevitebly there are busier periods, however the workload is very managable. By the same degree there is never a moment where there is nothing to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The level of responsibility I was given on my placement far exceed what I ever believed was possible. My manager and team had an enormous amount of faith in me that resulted in me taking on temporary responsibilities that normally an experienced full time member of staff would own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Without a doubt I will now be able to transition into the world of full time work far easier. In conjunction to this I will be able to apply much of what I have learnt to my degree and my general perspective on work has only improved.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is amazing, there is a real work hard/play hard culture! We have a lot of fun and the whole team is really sociable and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
You can tell WB has ran the scheme for a number of years now. The placement scheme is very well organised by both my department and HR.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company ran a number of professional training sessions for the interns which were extremely helpful. There were also opportunities for me to go onto external training courses also.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are lots of previous interns who have come back to Warner, including more than 5 on our floor alone. You also work closely with a lot of agencies throughout the year so there are good prospects for working elsewhere in the industry.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was great with both interns and employees. I have made some friends for life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living and socializing is high in London compared to other cities and areas. However as a place to live in, it is definitely worth the premium.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing! Ridiculous amount of options and places to go to.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There has been many opportunities such as volunteering, premieres and screenings.