Penultimate Year Intern at HSBC

Liverpool North West
Banking/Finance

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.5/10

Intern for seven weeks in a Commercial centre in Liverpool. Using initiative to get the most out of the internship: assisting relationship managers, shadowing client meetings, completing a set research project and implementing it.

I received excellent support from colleagues and my line managers and was allowed to manage my own time and do whatever I wanted to gain the most from my internship.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

I was welcomed straight away and felt like a valuable member of the team throughout the internship.

My line manager was always available if I had any issues to discuss and met with me weekly to discuss my progress.

I was always busy enough without feeling stressed. This was mainly due to time management.

I was given projects to manage and tasks to develop my leadership skills.

The internship improved my communication and leadership skills and enhanced my kowledge of the financial services industry.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

There was generally a buzz about the office as it was a large open plan office.

Commnication was good.

I was given training exercises to complete which enhanced my learning, and regular meetings to assess my progress ensured I was developing my skills throughout the internship. A detailed appraisal at the end also helped me take stock of what I had learnt.

Yes, although many were based in London so meeting up wasn't always possible.

Liverpool is generally cheap to live and socialise.