This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
- 3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
- 4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 5. How well structured was the insight?
- 6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
- 7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
- 9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
- 10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
- 11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
- 12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
- 13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
- 14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
- 15. Would you recommend this insight to a friend?
I really enjoyed the opportunity that I got on the BS Vac Scheme. It was a great mix of interesting work and a valuable introduction to the open culture and social environment that firm has.
I felt very valued during my time on the vac scheme. My supervisors and the lawyers I worked with always took time to explain the context of the work I was tasked with. They were always on the lookout for any interesting meetings or talks that I could attend. The opportunity to attend a meeting with a key client made me feel very valued.
My supervisor was always happy to for me to fire questions at them and we were provided with a trainee 'buddy' who remained in contact throughout the week.
Whilst I already work in the profession, it was an valuable insight into some areas I'd not previously explored.
Very well structured. We had a folder explaining and detailing the week ahead for us and were kept in the loop if anything changed.
There was a really nice atmosphere to the whole two weeks. Everyone was very welcoming and it never felt like we were being put under too much pressure to perform.
We were given a insightful talk on marketing and for every task given I was a full brief of the context of the work.
I think it gave a brief but valuable snapshot of how the role of trainee works at BS
I got a real sense of the open and collaborative culture that they strive for. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the atmosphere amongst the teams was very relaxed and personable.
Fairly valuable. I'm already in the profession in a different role but this has helped convince me that it's still a career I want to pursue.
£500 for the two weeks
I was invited along to meetings and lunches around the firm and was never made to feel like just another work experience student.
Excellent. We had a full calendar of events, all different and all gave an fantastic opportunity to experience a different part of Bristol life. Our social co-ords were particularly good in making sure everyone felt welcome and were enjoying themselves.
The trainee buddies kept us informed of any social events happening around the departments and how to get involved. I was invited along to play in an inter-departmental volleyball tournament but it sadly clashed with another social!
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)