Global Supply Chain - Engineering (TIMQ) at Unilever

Chemical Engineering Manufacturing

Unilever is a Top Employer

8.3/10

7.6

Worked within the Global Deodorants TIMQ (Technology Innovation Management & Quality) team based in Leeds, which provides the technical expertise for the Supply Chain.

I lead a number of projects including; technical process feasibility and financial evaluation of process equipment installation, investigation of key packing line machine tolerances and the design/building of pilot rig to prove deodorant stick processing capabilities.

I also had the opportunity to work on projects with the Deodorant Sticks Loss Reduction Team via a community of practice network, analysing and identifying losses, as well as sharing best practice.

I developed a close working relationship with Research & Development and communicated with factories around the globe on a daily basis which has enhanced both my interpersonal and technical skills.

Throughly enjoyed my year industry. Learnt vast amounts, whilst working with great teams and people.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

Felt very valued by collegues, felt my opinion and thoughts were always taken on board. Always received excellent feedback from project work.

Excellent support and guidance structure. Had excellent managers throughout my year, providing great feedback. Were always keen to assist with my development and understanding of the business.

Level of work ebbed and flowed depending on projects. Provided numerous projects to lead, meaning I always had work to do if one project slowed.

Lead numerous of my own project and held accountable to deliver on time and in full.

The projects have developed my project management and leadership skills, such as dealing with stakeholders, undertaking project financial assessment to justify investment in equipment and gaining resource for benchmarking tests on packing line machines. Thus providing me with real responsibility and accountability, and delivered them on time and in full.

My time at Unilever has also improved my presentation and communication skills, with numerous project updates, increasing my overall confidence and delivery.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

Excellent. Very friendly atmosphere - everyone keen to help.

Very well structured. Helped by the fact that the current year students organise the recruitment day and help provide a detailed handover.

Very appealing - have applied to this years Supply Chain Graduate Scheme.

Lots of other students around - plus Leeds has a great night life

Normal outside of London

Leeds has a fantastic nightlife

5-aside football and other similar activities