Internship Assistant at HSBC

Preston North West
Administration/Secretarial Banking - Commercial Banking - Investment Banking - Retail Banking/Finance

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.0/10

5.2

5.5

I was told to work on my manager's contact and client list and reorganise and associate this into a new database which was more efficient.

I thoroughly enjoyed the task and loved seeing the end result anf how my work was rewarding and of huge benefit to my manager.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

My manager encouraged me every day and was always pleasant and caring towards me. I really liked the people I worked for which I think makes a big difference to whether you enjoy the internship.

Each week I had a full meeting with the manager to discuss my work and every day before I left the manager would tell me how well I was doing and how pleased he was with my work.

The new database took up all my time so I was always working away at it. I never stopped.

I was working individually on the database so I was doing a very important job for the company as my work had to be correct for the database to function correctly.

Extremely related to my course and has improved my academic performance no doubt.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

Fun and talky. I enjoyed it!

The recruitment process was effortless and my instructions while working there was always clear and easy to understand and undertake.

I was just shown at the beginning the basics and then left to my own devices.

They have continual openings and I will definitely apply when I graduate.

There were a few other students who I made friends with. We haven't kept in touch after though.

I live a train ride away so I caught the train which was around £5 for a return.

Preston has the typical city clubs and pubs and bars.

None that I can remember or attended.