Spring Insight Week Intern at Fidelity International

london Central London and City
Business Analytics

9.9/10

Spring Insight Week

I very much enjoyed it, a very good mix of fun and learning!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Fidelity International

Three HR team members were with the spring interns all the time, making sure that we were well taken after. Great accommodation, food and social networking opportunities were provided. They even took us to a bar and a free trip to the London Eye.

extremely so, during the program, portfolio managers, senior managers and experienced research analysts talked to us and interacted with us. They shared with us their experiences in the investment management industry, and also guided us through some basic investment ideas and also provided help during our stock-picking competition.

The notion of active investment, as well as the strategies behind their investment decisions are of great value to my understanding of the industry.

Very well-structured, with just nice mix of job-shadowing, networking, fun and learning.

The atmosphere was excellent. It was a female only event for this year (2015), and everyone there was friendly and approachable!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Fidelity International

Fidelity values its human resources a lot and graduates will be given the responsibility to cover one or two industries on their own (for equity research) .

A half-day job shadowing at Fixed Income, Equity Research and Solutions was very helpful to see how people there work on a daily basis.

Very much so, and it was through such a way that we could feel the culture and value at Fidelity ourselves, instead of being told that what the values at Fidelity were supposed to be. People we meet at Fidelity are interesting, everyone of them. They are passionate about what they do, not at all like some of their counterparts at investment banking industry who endure the long working hours instead of enjoying them.

It wasn't just an insight program into Fidelity, but also an insight program into the entire investment management industry. Highly valuable in helping me to understand this industry.

travel expenses were reimbursed, accommodation, breakfast and lunches were provided

A lot, and not just graduates came, but also senior portfolio managers interacted with us, too. Really such a pleasure to talk to them.

On the first night, there was an outing to a local bar, and then on Wednesday, a curry night and a trip to London Eye. All paid by Fidelity.

There are some networks at Fidelity including the Women's Network.

Definitely! This is an excellent insight program and the people there at Fidelity are so welcoming! Great learning opportunity and great networking!