Audit Intern at The Walt Disney Company

London

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

4.5/5

4.9
4.7
3.5

Reporting to the Audit Analyst. The role supports the coordination, with various other Regional departments and Local Offices throughout the European Region, and preparation work of licensing audits.

The environment of working here. Everyday going to work is like a pleasure. Always being surrounded by a magical world with full of creativity across the whole building.

- They valued my work by working on it & appreciate my feedback on any issue related to the audit - If there is any mistake, they are happy to notify and explain to me what I have done incorrectly & how I can improve in the future

- The manager helps me to set up goals toward my placement at beginning of the period - Every Monday we have a session called 'Weekly catch up' in order to update all the work that I do with my manager & seek for help if needed.

On a period basis. Normally the work is not too heavy (due to the fact that I'm just an intern) However, sometimes we audit quite big licensees then they required to do a little bit extra work to ensure we have everything for the audit.

I responsible for preparing audit packs & raising any important issues with that audit, in which the auditor needs to investigate at that matter, potentially a finding for Disney.

My skill of communication has improved a lot as I have to deal with different licensees and contacting different departments in Disney to gather all the information needed for the preparation for the audit. The amount of knowledge that I've gained during my time at Disney will surely assist my understanding of the subjects I learn when I come back to university as I have practical experiences to apply to my theorist studies.

Always friendly. Lots of fun. Going to work is a pleasure.

Everything is planned well ahead. I know exactly what to do and I never had any issues with this.

Both

There are lots of interns who came back to work for Disney.

Quite pricey. As this area is one of the most liveable areas in London.

Some bars & pubs in riverside (~15 mins walk). Otherwise, its really safe here.

We often do the Team Activity together about once every 3/4 months