Corporate Citizenship Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

4.3/5

4.8
4.2
3.8

CSR role at Walt Disney Company Ltd.

The placement has been fantastic. It offers such an insight into the business and CSR.

Everyone in the building is so lovely and friendly. You are not seen as an intern but as a full time employee.

There is plenty of support given to interns. You have welcome days and tours. My managers were exceptionally approachable and willing to help.

Each day varies but there are always jobs to do from 9-5.30.

I wish given a lot of responsibility which included hosting events on my own.

The internship has provided me with a great insight into how CSR works and the relationships involved. It has shown me where I would like to go in my graduate job. The job has widened my knowledge of charities and shown me how a business works across many lines of business.

The office is very friendly and everyone is approachable. People do work very hard but there is a great social side to the office too.

The internship was set up well with introductions, hand over notes and meetings.

You have to complete various training modules at the beginning of your internship. Over the year you may not receive specific training but you certainly learn how such a big business works and the rules and guidelines.

If you work hard and make the right contacts then there is always a potential opportunity to come back to the business.

There is a great intern group that regularly meet up for lunches or evenings out.

The office is based in Hammersmith so living is rather expensive, the same with going out!

There are some fantastic pubs along the river that are beautiful in the summer!

There are opportunities to fundraise and take part in corporate events.