ISIT Customer Admin & Service Centre Placement Student at Nestlé

York Yorkshire and Humberside
Administration/Secretarial Computer and Systems Engineering Customer Service Information Technology

9.2/10

9.7

My day to day role is mostly IT admin work which includes giving users access to shared folders, software and mailbox access. Creating new starter accounts, processing account moves, renames and transfers. The users we support are from mainly from the UK including Purina, Waters UK, Cereal Partners UK, other markets and potentially any Nestlé user worldwide. This means our area has a high number of requests coming through. I also get involved in a lot of SAP Security requests and problems relating to access and authorisations in Nestle's corporate business platform. So far the projects I have been involved in are to create a webpage for Nestle's Vista package, coordinated a new solution for password resets within factories and I am currently project managing the encryption of Nestle's laptops.

I am really enjoying my time here. I have learnt many new skills which I am devolping on a day to day basis.

I feel very welcome at Nestle. I don't feel at all like a placement student, I am treat like any other member of staff which I feel is very welcoming. Everyone is very friendly and approachable.

My manager is very approachable and supportive, we talk on a day to day basis, I have an individual catch up once a month to discuss my objectives and how I am doing and we have a team catch up bi-weekly.

The amount of work I have an a daily basis sometimes varies however I can always find something to do when it is quiet and prioritise when it is busy.

I have been given practically as much reponsibility as any other member of staff in my team.

I feel the skills i have developed/developing both in IT and knoweledge of business will assist greatly in my studies, as it is much easier to relate something you are learning to real life experiences.

There is a great balance of atmosphere in our office we can be extremely busy but still find time for a laugh and a joke. I think this a very important factor in work life.

When I arrived everything was set in place to get me doing my job. I can't fault the organisation of my work placement.

To develop my skills in areas I have perphaps been weakest in at university the company have given me the oportunities to get more knoweledge in these areas.

If the opportunity arose to work here in the future I would deffinately love to come back.

I live with 4 of the current placement student and we regularly eat luch together with a couple of other placement students. There is agreat social scene between us all.

I pay about £300 a month rent excluding bills which is very similar to elsewhere and the socialising costs are also very similar to most places.

The nightlife here is quite good maybe not as busy as the larger cities but it is still a great night out.

Yes. I go out regularly with the other placement students, we have team lunches now and then and team building oportunities. We also have a christmas party planned.