1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at Bloomberg. I was invited back after completing an internship within the HR department in 2009 and the experience has been invaluable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were really supportive and helped settle me into my new role. They were there to help me out when needed but also allowed me responsibility and empowerment within tasks and projects.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very welcoming and I had weekly meetings to discuss my progress and how I was coping with my workload. At the end of the internship my manager and I both completed an evaluation
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A large amount of work was taken on due to the fast paced environment at bloomberg, it allowed me to learn quicker and overcome challenges.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A large amount of responsbility was given - I worked on a Wellness programme during my time at bloomberg which was a brand new project and allowed me to get thoroughly involved and make important decisions.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has allowed me to develop as a person and strengthen my communicational and team working skills which can be used during University life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great culture at bloomberg - open and employees are very approachable
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
a variety of activities and events to get involved in - CV training, lunch and learns, departmental shadowing, trips to the london metal exchange and BOE , philanthrophic events etc
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Thursday is the new Friday!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?