Summer Intern 2010 - Cambridge office at PwC

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

8.5/10

I was a penultimate year PwC Summer Intern in Assurance for 2010

I had a thoroughly enjoyable, challenging and exciting experience which taught me a wealth of information about PwC and the world of Accounting in general

All colleagues were supportive and helpful, and most challenged me to complete real work at all times towards a group goal.

Management offered constant support if required as well as organising regular catch up and progress meetings throughout the experience.

I never felt too stretched and it also felt like I could ask more senior members for assistance if I did not understand something without causing them too much delay.

I was given a great deal of responsibility, directly dealing with paying clients in a large number of different companies, as well as completing tasks which were directly used towards the completed Audit report

I am certain that the skills I learnt will be very useful in my future career with PwC as well as in life and any other firm I may work for in the future.

A great balance of working hard and playing hard. Everyone was relaxed and able to chat whilst working. There were also great social events and team sports within the office.

Despite occasional hiccups (which I must add the team organising the internship were very keen to hear about so that they can be corrected), the internship was very well organising and integrated into the company's day-to-day running thus allowing me to feel part of the team yet also receive suitable guidance.

Very high levels of support, training and equipment were given to us as interns and will continue in the graduate scheme in general. There is a definite feeling that if you work hard and try your best it is possible to really climb within the company.

I have been given a job with PwC at the London Embankment Place office in October 2011.

As a group I felt we got along really well and were given plenty of opportunities to meet up. We are organising a reunion night in London soon.

Cambridge is an expensive area and I lived a little way out so I was limited somewhat in this regard.

Cambridge has some really good bars and restaurants and the odd good club as well.

Sports teams, social events and others