Customer Experience Manager at HSBC

HSBC is a Top Employer

6.0/10

5.7
5.2

Was responsible for increasing Customer Satisfaction Levels of Business & Commercial Customers in the region. Involved data analysis, presentation, customer contact through telephone and face-to-face meeting with clients.

Enjoyed it because the work was easy and people were very friendly

Everyone was very welcomign and supportive - ready to help if necessary.

I had very few opportunities to speak to the Area Commercial Director, the person to whom I was supposed to report to. I therefore had to drive the project completely by myself eventually finding another mentor to assist me after asking around

If I had finished with project work there would always be some tasks to do to help the other staff

I had the opportunity to influence the methods HSBC uses to deal with its customers through changing the processes within the centre and by changing Manager's approaches. I had the opportunity to present my views and ideas to the managers, who were very receptive

Taking initiative, self-drive, analytics, customer service essentials.

Older colleagues than myself, but it was still enjoyable

The quality of the internship is highly dependant on the IT systems being setup before you start and also the time you can spend with your line manager. Speaking to other interns some got a great deal, but this wasn't the case for everyone.

Other than online training modules there was very little training.

Has stability relative to its competitors, at the cost of lower benefits to its employees.

The Bank's intern network is fantastic, constantly arranging social events and activities. These tend to be focused in the south of the country though.