Was responsible for increasing Customer Satisfaction Levels of Business & Commercial Customers in the region. Involved data analysis, presentation, customer contact through telephone and face-to-face meeting with clients.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed it because the work was easy and people were very friendly
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was very welcomign and supportive - ready to help if necessary.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had very few opportunities to speak to the Area Commercial Director, the person to whom I was supposed to report to. I therefore had to drive the project completely by myself eventually finding another mentor to assist me after asking around
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
If I had finished with project work there would always be some tasks to do to help the other staff
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had the opportunity to influence the methods HSBC uses to deal with its customers through changing the processes within the centre and by changing Manager's approaches. I had the opportunity to present my views and ideas to the managers, who were very receptive
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Taking initiative, self-drive, analytics, customer service essentials.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Older colleagues than myself, but it was still enjoyable
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The quality of the internship is highly dependant on the IT systems being setup before you start and also the time you can spend with your line manager. Speaking to other interns some got a great deal, but this wasn't the case for everyone.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Other than online training modules there was very little training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Has stability relative to its competitors, at the cost of lower benefits to its employees.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The Bank's intern network is fantastic, constantly arranging social events and activities. These tend to be focused in the south of the country though.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?