1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic; really enjoyed myself and don't want to leave!! Great graduate community of 60+ people who get involved in loads of extra community projects together.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt respected and trusted to do challenging work; treated as part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Graduate manager supports anything you want to do that will help you to develop and therefore benefit the company. Have been on some really good training courses; including two weeks at HMS Collingwood on a Royal Navy training course which all graduates have the chance to do- best training course ever so much fun!! You also have a discipline manager who helps you choose your 4 different areas to work in.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had something worthwhile to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility built up- the structure of the year here is that you can move placements every 3 months to a new area if you want to and each time I looked for more of a challenge and was given more responsibility. If you want to lead projects you can.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Greatly, I have done so much in my time here and learnt so much both in the work I've done and the courses I've been able to do.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good fun; everyone's really friendly and get to meet so many people
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Amazingly organised! During the time here you do more than one placement. Your first placement is organised for when you arrive then it's up to you to choose where and when you want to move and you can move to another discipline- if you start doing engineering you can try out project management. Plenty of opportunites throughout the company to choose from.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Any training we wanted to do, as long as we could justify why, we were allowed to. As I said before, they sent us on a Navy course which cost a fortune!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Definately looking at coming back! Had an amazing time here
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Fantastic! 60+ graudates and placement students so great nights out always people around!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
So cheap, renting a 2 bed house within walking distance of the town and work for Â£350
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Had so many really good fun nights out since I've been here!!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
It's hard not to get involved with the activities; such a range of different things that you can do, organising quizzes, helping promote engineering in schools and charity work all of which is recognised by the management