Mechanical Engineering Industrial Placement at BAE Systems

Barrow-in-Furness North West
Engineering

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

10.0/10

Fantastic; really enjoyed myself and don't want to leave!! Great graduate community of 60+ people who get involved in loads of extra community projects together.

Felt respected and trusted to do challenging work; treated as part of the team.

Graduate manager supports anything you want to do that will help you to develop and therefore benefit the company. Have been on some really good training courses; including two weeks at HMS Collingwood on a Royal Navy training course which all graduates have the chance to do- best training course ever so much fun!! You also have a discipline manager who helps you choose your 4 different areas to work in.

Always had something worthwhile to do.

The responsibility built up- the structure of the year here is that you can move placements every 3 months to a new area if you want to and each time I looked for more of a challenge and was given more responsibility. If you want to lead projects you can.

Greatly, I have done so much in my time here and learnt so much both in the work I've done and the courses I've been able to do.

Good fun; everyone's really friendly and get to meet so many people

Amazingly organised! During the time here you do more than one placement. Your first placement is organised for when you arrive then it's up to you to choose where and when you want to move and you can move to another discipline- if you start doing engineering you can try out project management. Plenty of opportunites throughout the company to choose from.

Any training we wanted to do, as long as we could justify why, we were allowed to. As I said before, they sent us on a Navy course which cost a fortune!

Definately looking at coming back! Had an amazing time here

Fantastic! 60+ graudates and placement students so great nights out always people around!

So cheap, renting a 2 bed house within walking distance of the town and work for £350

Had so many really good fun nights out since I've been here!!

It's hard not to get involved with the activities; such a range of different things that you can do, organising quizzes, helping promote engineering in schools and charity work all of which is recognised by the management