1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly have enjoyed my placement year. The people are great that i work with and the work is always interesting and challenging which has made for a fantastic placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The job has a family atmosphere and i'm really looking to stay in touch with my co-workers when i finish.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt that everyone always had their door open for you if you had any queries or concerns and there was always a good supportive atmosphere towards the interns.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Once you adapt to the new skills, systems and day to day work then it is a very good balance. You have days where you are very busy but generally there is a good balance of work and pleasure and you never feel overwhelmed or bored.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I wanted responsibility and was able to have it which i found great for the year as i was able to progress and do new things throughout.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think this year has been invaluable to my development. I learned a lot about the industry, my course i am currently undertaking, the type of modules i want to do next year, but also a lot of life skills that i can take with me into my final university year and wherever i go beyond. The work experience has been invaluable and has made me a lot better informed.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It is a fun and interesting place to be, but also a serious job with work to do. So it is a nice balance and a very good working atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, the company was always aware of when we were starting, made sure everything was set up for when we started so it was a good transition.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They had a good training programme for the interns throughout the year where you learn basic skills for any job, e.g. presentation skills, time management skills etc, so i feel i gained a lot from the training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to return and the great thing is this year has expanded my ideas for my future career beyond what i was originally thinking. I am not yet sure what the future holds but i will certainly stay in contact.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a good social side between not just the interns but also the work colleagues which is very enjoyable. I have made quite a few long term friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted from my family home for the year so i was able to save some money, but the salary was enough to comfortably live on.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The other interns enjoyed the nightlife in London and there are plenty of great bars to enjoy in the evening.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were opportunities to do some different tasks outside work if you wanted to as there is some connections with charity which are enjoyable to partake in.