>Being part of the main audit team and aiding that team in completing the audit.
>Carrying out audit procedures.
>Networking with other staff in PwC.
>Communicating with, and working with clientele individually.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic insight into what it is to audit at PwC. I was given far more responsibility than I expected which was fantastic, and undertook many opportunities to see what more senior individuals within PwC do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As above, I was given many responsibilities early on, and my colleagues aided me wherever possible.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Always ensured I was comortable and confident with what I was doing, also provided very usefull feedback.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some weeks were very busy, others quite relaxed depending on the audit team and the sign-off date.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Liasing with clientele, filling in aspects of the audit.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Due to my accounting degree, i felt i noticed how i could apply the skills learnt there in my work at PwC, rather than the other way around.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Team away days, friendly colleagues etc made it a great place to be.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well set out
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Constant training and coaching, which no doubt required a great deal of investment by PwC
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Their investment in people makes it highly lucrative
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Right in the middle of Bristol
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Joined team away days, which were a great way to meet people outside of a work context