Associate in Audit at PwC

Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

9.2/10

Primarily involved in year end audit of FTSE 100 companies but carried out other types of assurance too such as quarterly reviews and contract assurance for clients. Also studied for 9 of the ACA exams whilst at PwC. In effect, placement students do the same as those on the first year of the graduate scheme.

Staff could not differentiate between those on the placement scheme and those on the graduate scheme, hence placement students were fully utilised. Additionally, colleagues gave lots of positive feedback after working with them on jobs.

We were assigned buddies, a career coach and had coaches on each of our clients to help us through the work.

Generally, I was reasonably busy, though there were extreme days when I had too much or too little to do.

Independent work was encouraged but there was always someone who checked through your work.

My commercial knowledge has improved greatly which is very useful in studying for the rest of my degree. Additionally, having past 9 of the 15 ACA exams means I am well on the way for my chosen career path.

A very lively office with lots of young people and lots of socialising.

There were multiple training courses throughout the year plus I studied for my ACA exams.

Many interns are offered jobs with the firm.

I was part of a large in-take group who were very social. Plus the firm provided monthly drinks at a local bar and there were group socials to play urban golf and pool as well as a Christmas and summer ball.

Primarily because it was London.

Can't beat central London.

The firm has multiple sports teams and also encourages volunteering in the local community.