Assurance Intern at PwC

Uxbridge South East
Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

8.4/10

-Learning what an Assurance Associate (Full-Time) actually does within the job.
-Helping to carry out the audit process for numerous clients.
-Calling banks to uncover bank accounts held by an audit client.
-Checking stat accounts.

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, and always willing to help. The induction at the start helped us to understand what we would be doing, and every week I had something new and interesting to do. I came away from the internship with the offer of a graduate job and the feeling that I wanted to continue in Assurance in the future.

Everyone in my office was happy to help me with any problems, whether over lunch or even while they were working on something else themselves. We were assigned a "buddy" and a "personal manager" who were always available if I needed to talk about anything. All in all, I was treated as if I had been working there for much longer than the 6 weeks I did.

Almost always someone was free to help and guide me in my work. The only time being when there were only 2 of us working away from the office - the other person was still sitting his accounting exams and so was unsure on a couple of issues.

The nature of the job meant that each job was very busy - however, having obviously not sat my accounting exams it was difficult to be given much more than the basic tasks to complete, which were not always ready to be completed.

I was given as much as could be expected - much of the work requires a much better accounting knowledge than mine and so I couldn't be assigned to it on my own, perhaps only shadow someone who was completing it and then given some to complete myself. Having said that, I was given the responsibility of checking my work and signing it off.