-Learning what an Assurance Associate (Full-Time) actually does within the job.
-Helping to carry out the audit process for numerous clients.
-Calling banks to uncover bank accounts held by an audit client.
-Checking stat accounts.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, and always willing to help. The induction at the start helped us to understand what we would be doing, and every week I had something new and interesting to do. I came away from the internship with the offer of a graduate job and the feeling that I wanted to continue in Assurance in the future.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in my office was happy to help me with any problems, whether over lunch or even while they were working on something else themselves. We were assigned a "buddy" and a "personal manager" who were always available if I needed to talk about anything. All in all, I was treated as if I had been working there for much longer than the 6 weeks I did.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Almost always someone was free to help and guide me in my work. The only time being when there were only 2 of us working away from the office - the other person was still sitting his accounting exams and so was unsure on a couple of issues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The nature of the job meant that each job was very busy - however, having obviously not sat my accounting exams it was difficult to be given much more than the basic tasks to complete, which were not always ready to be completed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much as could be expected - much of the work requires a much better accounting knowledge than mine and so I couldn't be assigned to it on my own, perhaps only shadow someone who was completing it and then given some to complete myself. Having said that, I was given the responsibility of checking my work and signing it off.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?