Working as part of a team on Audits and Half yearly reviews
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at PwC from the work I was carrying out to the clients and the people at PwC.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treat equal to fully qualified accountants and higher members of staff.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support was given throughout the internship. I was given guidance on all the activities I performed (if needed) as well as being given a buddy and people manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I generally had enough work each day to keep me busy. On the quieter days I was given work on other clients to keep me busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the right amount of responsibility - I was left to do the tasks given to me whilst still being lead by more senior members of staff.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It gave me a greater understanding of professional services firms and provided a link between my studies and the application in the real world.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a sense of hard work as well as a relaxed and social environment. As long as you had finished the work you were set by the end of the day you were permitted to talk etc throughout the day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was so much support and guidance throughout the internship with initial training, then constant training throughout, and an internship project. The structure was brilliant.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Our first week was heavy training. We spent our first 3 days away at Latimer to learn the basics of business and accounting and then days 4 and 5 we spent learning how to use the companies software etc. We were also provided with our own laptops.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was offered a graduate job for September 2011
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We met up weekly after work and bonded well as a group (of 6)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live in Reading so it made no difference.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The night life in Reading is brilliant.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?