Assurance at PwC

Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

9.1/10

9.6

Working as part of a team on Audits and Half yearly reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at PwC from the work I was carrying out to the clients and the people at PwC.

I was treat equal to fully qualified accountants and higher members of staff.

Support was given throughout the internship. I was given guidance on all the activities I performed (if needed) as well as being given a buddy and people manager.

I generally had enough work each day to keep me busy. On the quieter days I was given work on other clients to keep me busy.

I was given the right amount of responsibility - I was left to do the tasks given to me whilst still being lead by more senior members of staff.

It gave me a greater understanding of professional services firms and provided a link between my studies and the application in the real world.

There was a sense of hard work as well as a relaxed and social environment. As long as you had finished the work you were set by the end of the day you were permitted to talk etc throughout the day.

There was so much support and guidance throughout the internship with initial training, then constant training throughout, and an internship project. The structure was brilliant.

Our first week was heavy training. We spent our first 3 days away at Latimer to learn the basics of business and accounting and then days 4 and 5 we spent learning how to use the companies software etc. We were also provided with our own laptops.

I was offered a graduate job for September 2011

We met up weekly after work and bonded well as a group (of 6)

I live in Reading so it made no difference.

The night life in Reading is brilliant.

I played badminton weekly with work.