Assurance Associate at PwC

Cardiff Wales
Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

6.9/10

Assisting with the performance of audits, on both office and away jobs. Also, assisting with accounts preparation team for one week.

While I enjoyed the job it is still work, however I found the experience rewarding and I learned far more in 6 weeks than in two years at university.

I was welcomed by my colleagues and got to know some of them quite well, unfortunately being on away jobs meant I missed two socials.

The coaching and buddy system at PwC is second to none and you feel as though you always have a port of call.

On away jobs I was incredibly busy however when not booked on jobs I found work to be a slightly better balance.

I felt valued and treated as though I was there as a first year and not as a temp.

Given the nature of my course and the internship I was on, I feel as though the skills I learned transferred well into my education at university.

A good balance of work and play, with socials and football matches to participate in.

The training was well organised however the transition to the office could have been improved as I had two days training in the Bristol office rather than Cardiff.

Three days training in a Buckhinghamshire and I was provided with a laptop for the duration of my placement.

Well structured promotion opportunities.

Yes the West and Wales interns saw quite a bit of each other and attempted to organise nights out, made slightly difficult with the travelling involved.

Cardiff is an affordable city.

Cardiff has a great nightlife, with the city centre and Cardiff Bay.

Yes I played for the football team and would have played for them more if it hadn't been for away jobs.