Summer Analyst - Global Banking - Strategic Transactions Group at HSBC

Banking - Investment

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.8/10

9.7

I worked in Resources and Energy group. I had to create presentations for potential clients following the guidlines the seniour team members gave me. I had to research some information on particular topics. I had to prepare my own presentation on a particular company and propose an M&A transaction and to present it to the panel. This was my final project.

I liked my time at HSBC very much. Everyone was very supportive. I was given a lot of different tasks involving different aspects of the businees. We had a lot of networking events among the fellow interns and full-time staff. These helped to get a better understanding ob the businees and culture at HSBC.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

Everyine tried to help when I had problems. People both from my team and other teams were very friendly.

I had a buddy and a line manager. They always gave me guidelines and gave me advice pn how to prepare my final project.

I always had different tasks, therefore it was always interesting to work. I was also given good reading material to learn about the industry and I was reading it when I had some free time.

I think I was given the right amount of responsibility, not too much, not too little. I think my managers assessed my abilities correctly and gave me responsibility accordingly.

I have gained a lot of experience. I became better at multitasking and I gained confidence when presenting. I have also learned how to analyse information quickly and efficiently. I think all these skills will be very important for my future career.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

The atmosphere was very nice. Everyone worked a lot, but you could have a quick chat and a laugh with a colleague.

I think the organisation was very good. We had a lot of talks, where we were told how the business operates, we had networking events and lunch & learn sessions. I think they were very useful in teaching us about HSBC.

We had a full week training and some additional training during internship. I think HSBC invested a lot in all the interns.

Th work took out a lot of time, but sometimes I had free time during the weekend.