Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Marketing Assistant at Arla Foods

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Marketing

9.1/10

I loved my year at Arla. I learnt so much, got involved in a wide variety of challenging projects and didn't want to leave!

Everyone at Arla is so friendly, they genuinely cared about my development. As well as this, they were keen to challenge me and push me to be the best I could be, whilst supporting me through it.

Overall I was supported, with regular 1 to 1 meetings and targets set. At times, when work loads increased, these meeting sometimes got pushed back and so didn't end up being as regular. But overall, if I wanted to speak to anyone about anything, the option was always there.

The vast majority of my days were full, I enjoy being pushed and challenged, so if I did feel I didn't have enough work on, I would always ask for more to do.

So much responsibility! I was in charge of plenty of big decisions, once I had settled into the role, I was given more and more responsibility in order to push me further.

My placement has been in-valuable in my final year of my degree. As well as the knowledge I gained within Marketing, the general 'life skills' you learn whilst working full time for a day really help you to mature and become a more well-rounded person.

The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming, there was always plenty of people around and an offer of help if I needed it!

As the first intake of placement students, the organisation at the start was, at points, a little lacking. But it did just mean that I was able to get on with working straight away, which is how I was able to learn best.

I was allowed opportunities to visit other departments, spend time in agencies as well as attending department-wide training courses, all of which were beneficial to my development.

Having thoroughly enjoyed my year, I would relish the opportunity to go back.

Social events were relatively often and invites were always open to all - I enjoyed spending informal time with colleagues and felt it helped to build up a report which was useful within the work environment.

Leeds is relatively inexpensive as a city.

Leeds has a great nightlife, there is lots of students there as well as professionals and any night of the week there is plenty of different options to head out.

There were sports opportunities available after work.