1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my year at Arla. I learnt so much, got involved in a wide variety of challenging projects and didn't want to leave!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone at Arla is so friendly, they genuinely cared about my development. As well as this, they were keen to challenge me and push me to be the best I could be, whilst supporting me through it.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Overall I was supported, with regular 1 to 1 meetings and targets set. At times, when work loads increased, these meeting sometimes got pushed back and so didn't end up being as regular. But overall, if I wanted to speak to anyone about anything, the option was always there.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The vast majority of my days were full, I enjoy being pushed and challenged, so if I did feel I didn't have enough work on, I would always ask for more to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
So much responsibility! I was in charge of plenty of big decisions, once I had settled into the role, I was given more and more responsibility in order to push me further.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My placement has been in-valuable in my final year of my degree. As well as the knowledge I gained within Marketing, the general 'life skills' you learn whilst working full time for a day really help you to mature and become a more well-rounded person.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming, there was always plenty of people around and an offer of help if I needed it!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As the first intake of placement students, the organisation at the start was, at points, a little lacking. But it did just mean that I was able to get on with working straight away, which is how I was able to learn best.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was allowed opportunities to visit other departments, spend time in agencies as well as attending department-wide training courses, all of which were beneficial to my development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Having thoroughly enjoyed my year, I would relish the opportunity to go back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Social events were relatively often and invites were always open to all - I enjoyed spending informal time with colleagues and felt it helped to build up a report which was useful within the work environment.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Leeds is relatively inexpensive as a city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Leeds has a great nightlife, there is lots of students there as well as professionals and any night of the week there is plenty of different options to head out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were sports opportunities available after work.