Helping project managers in the business with tasks on varying projects.
Working with the risk management team and acting as a risk recorder during workshops.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have been really involved in a wide selection of projects in varying locations.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have been working with a variety of teams, but the team that I belonged to were all very friendly and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed working and socialising with them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a great team leader who always made you feel like he had time to help you. The company has a really good system of CPD and APC training to help you.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I occasionally had spare capacity but normally I was busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given ownership of tasks within the projects, but never felt unsupported as there was always someone to ask for clarification.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that although the placement was not directly related to my degree it will help me in related areas in my final year. I have really enjoyed the placement and feel that it would be a career that I would like to pursue after graduation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were several social events which were well attended through out the year.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
EC Harris regularly takes placement students so it was well organised as they were used to the process.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They helped me complete the first year of my APC and held regular CPD training events that I was able to attend.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work for them after graduation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we regularly socialised.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too bad.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great- in the centre of towm.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?