Analyst at Accenture

Chippenham South West
Business Management Information Technology

7.4/10

7.3

There are two parts to the Support Analyst role. The first is concerned with ensuring that the client is satisfied with the applications to be transported to the new platform in line with the scope that Accenture offers in this area. After a discussion with the client over the transportation of applications, the master list is locked and subject to change request. I track the changes to the master list of applications ensuring all relevant stakeholders are informed of changes. This involved uploading change request documentation onto the SharePoint platform and reporting this to the client, whereby they can review the application set. Applications are also tracked on an internal SharePoint platform and it is my role to ensure the status of each application is consistent between the SharePoints and update when required.
The second part of the role is reporting on the User Acceptance Testing (UAT). This involves liaising with the client UAT representatives and working with them to resolve application issues. I report all issues back to the Accenture team to ensure they are resolved. I produce a daily and weekly report on the UAT progress to be presented to more senior project leaders. I also update the UAT SharePoint when required to do so, ensuring all stakeholders have access to the required documentation.
In addition, the intern may be pulled into the help on mini projects. For example producing high level PowerPoint slides for Accenture Senior Managers and Senior Executives to ensure for presentation to the client. This can also involve documenting action plans, taking meeting minutes and gathering information to support the work of the Accenture team. Furthermore the intern may be asked to coordinate the team requirements for example booking meeting rooms or arranging travel.
Between the different dimensions of the roles, there are many prioritization, time management and multi-tasking aspects as well as maintaining a professional manor as it is based on clients site and involves engagement with the client.

I really enjoyed my time with Accenture, going to work was actually fun!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

They became like family when I was living away from home, my colleagues where who I spent most of my time around

They gave enough support but also didn't spoon feed me and gave me scope to learn for myself and develop my own skills.

I was busy enough with work to fee valued but also had enough free time and breaks to talk to people and enjoy being the intern and being young.

In my first role I was organising the really high profile billing system for a large scale media client, without me doing my job there were Christmas TV shows which wouldn't have been shown! I could not believe how much responsibility I was given at times. I was also responsible for organising business trips and team events remotely and for senior staff.

I am so much more IT capable than I was before and these skills are really useful in everyday life and will help me throughout life for sure!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

There was a good feel in the office all the time and the team were always supportive, the office was nice and it was nice to work in.

There were only a few times where I felt I didn't have the information I needed and theses times didn't cause problems, I sent reminders in time!

There was limitless potential to learn but I learned the most from my manager and colleagues. There was also enough initial training that I felt comfortable I could do my job.

There are many options open to me for joining the company after my degree.

They were really really nice all the time ever supportive and kind! They treated me very well and were kind and they look out for you.

London, so quite expensive when the company is not paying, but there are also many things to do on a budget.

London has a great and intense night life there is masses and masses to do and see and so many places to go!

There are so so many things to do in London that I was never once stuck for things to do outside work.