Engineering Intern at Airbus

Bristol South West
Aeronautical Engineering Engineering

6.5/10

5.5

I was working at Airbus UK as a summer placement assisting in writing technical documents in the systems department.

Opportunities for movement within the company were limited as an intern, though the department I was working for was excellent. Limited opportunities to see the actual product you were working on. A method of securing a graduate position would be much appreciated.

Very valued, looked after and they supported my education as well as work queries.

Manager was a sub contractor so was rarely there, also had a high workload so was oftern unavailable and was not in a position to manage an intern, a position which requires a fair amount of guidance

Work was self directed and not motivating, setting a broad and unspecific project, led to boredom through self direction of work.

Limited responsibility with research work- has no ultimatum if successful or not

Developed knowledge of the company and for working in the industry only. My skills however were not challenged (degree specifically), however will have developed my dissertation writing skills from compiling a 25k word report as my 3 month project

Great atmosphere, team was excellent. Would have preferred it not to be in a porta-cabin but can't have everything!!

Very well set up and initiated. Regular communication with line manager and placement co-ordinator. Regular meetings with other interns, organised events etc.

I feel more investment could have been made in particular for training. The development side was great with involvement across intern and graduate groups, taking part in assisting younger school children to read etc.

I had a great experience with the company and feel like I would want to work there in the future. But, no commitment given from the company that there is any preference given to previous interns! Feels a little bit disappointing, considering the management team seemed extremely happy with my contributions!

Between interns and graduates there has been plenty going on! Enough time to do what you want, when you want to. Different experiences and lots of fun!

Average and affordable if you're careful!

Bristol has an excellent night life!

Within the intern group activities took place on a regular basis. Not many opportunities through the company themselves.