Mechanical Engineer at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Derby East Midlands
Mechanical Engineering

8.1/10

Project Work - Toyota Production System Application

My role at Toyota was extremely interesting. I was involved in a number of high profile activities and was expected to make a very quantifiable impact upon the business.

I felt greatly valued during my time at Toyota, becoming the "expert" for the company in a number of fields. Colleagues were able to depend on me to achieve certain goals.

The level of supervision i have received has been fantastic. A number of key people right up to Director level in the Business are interested in my continued development.

The majority of my work was project based. I was given great opportunities to do over time as and when necessary. Furthermore I was able to support other members of my team when I was in between projects.

The level of responsibility i was given during my placement was good. As i developed to become more self reliant (D4) in a number of tasks the level of responsibility i assumed increased.

I have greatly developed my knowledge of the latest world renowned production operation improvement techniques. Moreover i have enjoyed the courses Toyota have provided for me to improve Personal Planning Effectiveness and Presentation skills. Both of these aspects will be immeasurably useful in my future.

Very good - Jovial and Friendly!

Very well organised. Toyota obviously invest a great deal in their Placement Scheme. It is far more akin to a Graduate Scheme.

Toyota invested a great deal in me, in terms of both formal training courses and closely managed professional development.

It is very appealing to return to Toyota to work on a permanent basis. The opportunities for personal development there are staggering!

As placement students we organised our own social events, from meals together to Go-Karting events.

It was Very Reasonable.

The plant is situated in close proximity to Derby and Nottingham. Nightlife in the two cities varies depending upon what you enjoy.

There were Football and Netball Clubs, and Toyota runs interplant competitions in various sporting disciplines. Furthermore the Training Centre runs courses in an eclectic variety of interests, from Languages to Photography.