- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Hugely rewarding, it gave me a good flavour of the organisation as a whole and it
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very much so, I had an hour one-to-one feedback session with my boss per week.
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
As busy as I wanted to be - I was given a lot of flexibility and had a number of projects simultaneously.
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Enough - a good amount given my experience and I worked closely with my boss and others to get constant feedback.
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Given my theology degree, not very much, but they did offer me a job so that will help me going forward...
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great - sales team were fantastic and very lively.
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Best thing about the internship in my opinion - great access to senior management and a lot of professional development seminars.
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Presentation skills, updates from all sectors of the business and paying for professional qualifications (IOC)
- What were the perks on your work placement?
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good, I work there now.
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, a lively one.
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
relatively expensive, but that's London for you.
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
St Pauls/Bank i.e. good.
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
As much as I needed; cricket team and socials were aplenty.
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?