Worked on implementing a technological solution for a client. This involved attending/, recording and running meetings, one-on-one chats with the client, and producing resources for the implementation.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I feel the work would have been better suited to comeone with a technological background.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were always friendly and helpful.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always encouraged to ask questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always plenty to do, but I was usually able to leave between 6 and 6.30
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I took responsibility for some of the final resources, and had lots of one-to-one time with the client.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It does show you how to work well under pressure.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The client was fun, as were my colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There were LOTS of problems with our tax forms! I am still owed money because of these issues. The socials were very good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training was fun, and comprehensive.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It would be a better industry for someone with a different background to myself.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
They were awesome :)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's London, its as cheap or as expensive as you make it. The socials run by the company were good and free, however. Some interns paid a lot for accommodation, but I stayed with friends.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I was tired by the weekend to be honest...
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?