1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my placement, found Network Rail a great company to work for, and as such when offered a graduate position I accepted it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I received great feedback from my manager as well as other colleagues on the work that I did.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
When I had some issues settling in, my managers were thoroughly supportive and put an action plan in place for me to solve the issues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I'm the kind of person who's happiest when kept busy - to which my manager certainly obliged! I was in a role where there was significant scope for travel around the UK too, which I took full advantage of.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility for several small sections of one of the projects I worked on, however I would've liked more.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My confidence and presentation skills helped me in my final year of university when presenting my final year project, as well as the time management and organisational/planning skills helping me with my dissertation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The scheme is well organised and has been running for several years, so is well embedded.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I accepted the offer to return as a graduate, and started the graduate scheme this year.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The placements and graduates had a great social life while I was there - it will vary year on year though. You usually don't work directly with the other placements/graduates.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Milton Keynes isn't the best place to go out - mostly bars, with the odd club
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?