Industrial Placement at Network Rail

Milton Keynes South East
Information Technology

7.9/10

I enjoyed my placement, found Network Rail a great company to work for, and as such when offered a graduate position I accepted it.

I received great feedback from my manager as well as other colleagues on the work that I did.

When I had some issues settling in, my managers were thoroughly supportive and put an action plan in place for me to solve the issues.

I'm the kind of person who's happiest when kept busy - to which my manager certainly obliged! I was in a role where there was significant scope for travel around the UK too, which I took full advantage of.

I was given responsibility for several small sections of one of the projects I worked on, however I would've liked more.

My confidence and presentation skills helped me in my final year of university when presenting my final year project, as well as the time management and organisational/planning skills helping me with my dissertation.

The scheme is well organised and has been running for several years, so is well embedded.

I accepted the offer to return as a graduate, and started the graduate scheme this year.

The placements and graduates had a great social life while I was there - it will vary year on year though. You usually don't work directly with the other placements/graduates.

Milton Keynes isn't the best place to go out - mostly bars, with the odd club