Vacation Scheme at Shoosmiths

Reading Greater London
Legal/Law

9.7/10

One week vacation placement.

I had a fantastic time at my placement; not only was I given real interesting work, I also attended several sporting and social events during the week.

I felt very valued during my placement, owing to the how involved the team made me feel. I was involved in events outside of work with clients, and I was entrusted with real work. Both made me feel like a valued member of the team inside and outside of the office.

My supervisor was outstanding; she offered assistance and guidance with every task, helping me bridge the gap between academia and professional practice.

The skills and knowledge I gained throughout the week have been particularly useful, especially for the LPC. All of the tasks which I completed were real or very realistic scenarios. In that sense, they also adequately prepared me for what to expect in practice.

The week was very well organised and structured. We were given a timetable at the beginning of the week to help us plan and organise our time.

The atmosphere in the office was vibrant. Everyone really got on and worked collaboratively. The open-plan office is testament to the unstuffy and open culture at Shoosmiths.

Given an overview of the computer systems before beginning.

The work I was given was reflective of the work undertaken on a daily basis by a trainee at Shoosmiths.

The week really immersed me in the culture. The open-plan office really displayed the firm’s open and unstuffy culture.

The content during the day was very similar to the work a trainee would undertake. Therefore, it confirmed for me that i was going down the right career path.

I was paid for the week and reimbursed expenses forr trips outside of the office.

Our brief at the beginning of the week encouraged us to speak to people throughout the firm.

Great, I went to three within the space of a week.

Yes, I was sent email notifications of activities outside of work.

Yes, I would highly recommend the vacation scheme to any student looking for a fantastic national firm to give Shoosmiths a try.