Target area diagnostics and development at Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

Oxford South West
Science/Research

9.1/10

9.7

Currently 4 months in. The work is fantastic. I work with one of the wrolds most powerful lasers and it is incredible. I have learnt more than I could have imagined in such a short space of time.

I am always given challenging jobs by any one of my colleagues.

If I needed time off or I was stuck I could ask anyone. If they didnt know they would tell who would know.

Sometimes bored, often perfect balance.

At university we did experiments, but those were nothing like the experiments here. I investigate and devise solutions. I have become a more experianced experimenter.

I really hope I impress enough to get a future job.

Lots of other students. The company put you in contact with the other students months before the placement with the aim of finding housemates. This idea works wonderfully.

I choose to live in Didcot, short distance to oxford, cheaper living cost.

Didcot hasnt got a nightlife, Oxford does.