Supporting National Account Managers on the Biggest Customers within Danone Waters (Evian / Volvic)
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really insightful, the culture was great, as was my team, and I was challenged in variety of ways, no day was quite the same
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Team meetings were informal, and everyone contributed. NO matter your position your opinion is valued
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manger was fairly hands-off which I appreciated, it gave me a lot of autonomy, but I was always able to ask questions, and there were structured reviews and 121s throughout, Danone are big on people development
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
After settling in, quite busy./ Never unhappy about the amount of work though, peaks and troughs depending on whats going on (was in a sales placement)
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The role was a full time role, and a core part of the team, not a supplement. Although I always want more responsibility, and placements cant have ownership of any numbers, I was able to go out and approach customers myself, own relationships, and negotiate new deals.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This placement lead to my employment as a graduate in Danone. I think placements are less useful towards degrees, but invaluable to future possibilities
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun and informal. Good team vibes. Openness and learning are encouraged.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As organised at it needed to be. Every placement at Danone is fairly flexible, depending on function or the line manager. Mine was fairly open, but with some key responsibilities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
On the job training is the main aspect of training, with specialist courses as needed.
All employees also have insights training applied to their working situation (like MBTI)
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Im starting my career in Danone and do not plan to leave as of yet
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Something is formally organised every couple of weeks for one reason or another. Average age of the company is about 29 so lots of young people. Made great friends. Not city bar drinking every night, but Zone 3 isn't bad, and central london is not far (I was in london office not trowbridge office)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
In london its high., To be expected!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central londoon quite easy to get too!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I've done tough mudder, and there are various fitness classes or footie games. Again socializing it always about