Brochure Production, Season set up eg. Flight planning, Hotel selection, Pricing and Costing, Shore Excursion management.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The company is really great and there are so many people to meet. You get real responsibility and I learnt a lot while I was there.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was part of the team and my opinions were always taken onboard.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I took part in so many training and development sessions from time management skills to presentation skills. I had monthly one-to-ones and a personal development plan in place. If I was unsure about anything I could always ask my manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As with any job there are busier periods and quieter ones but in general I never felt rushed to get work done or felt I had to stay exceptionally late to keep up with my workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was responsible for my 2 ships but always had support from managers if I needed it. I had much more responsibility than any of my other friends at diferent companies.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Now I'm back at uni, everything that we are taught I can relate back to experiences I had at work and so lectures make so much more sense. I have developed my personal effectiveness skills which will definitely help me when looking for a grad job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were always social events to take part in from nights out to sports days.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement manager did a fantastic job at getting us settled into the business and supporting us the whole way through.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I took part in more training schemes than many of my colleagues. The company invested a lot of time and money in sending us on courses.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would work for TUI again - they are a great organisation. But I probably wouldn't go back into my old role as I would like a new challenge going forward.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We were really lucky that all 10 of us got on so well and would do things all the time together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted so not really sure about cost of living but Luton is pretty cheap for nights out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Luton is ok but London is only a 30min train journey away which was much better!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had sports day and the naughty reunion. There was a football club for the boys. Loads of parties too.