MSc Intern at Schlumberger

Gatwick South West
Science/Research

7.8/10

7.6

Performing an internship with Schlumberger has offered me the opportunity to further develop my researching skills in a professional and competitive environment. I have not only improved my capacity to investigate but I have also learned to prioritise certain things amongst others while dealing with real data scenarios.

The different ideas I had during the internship were highly valued, even though I was a MSc student.

A periodic meeting with my supervisor helped me not to divert too much from the main objective, which was key to achieve good results in such a short time.

During my project I had something to do every day, either attending to courses or investigating on my topic.

The initial objective was quite ambitious from the start and I was given freedom and responsibility to come out with a solution.

The skills developed during my internship are already being extremely valuable in my career as a new PhD student, in which research and time management are essential for a successful performance.

Although everybody was focused on their work, we had some breaks and activities to relax.

The objectives were clear from the start and different deadlines were considered when planning the tasks.

It is clear the company invested in me such that I could develop new skills. Many courses/workshops were available for that purpose.

After finishing the internship I had a job interview, which will be in the records for future job applications after the completion of my PhD.

The company did not organise any event to meet the other interns until the very last moment, which makes it difficult to get to know fellow students.

The company helped the interns to cover their expenses. Thus, there was no problem at all.

To enjoy the nightlife one should take the train for half an hour, which can be annoying.

Several events were organised throughout my placement, such as BBQ.