Student intern at Schlumberger

Cambridge East of England
Chemistry Physics

7.3/10

To investigate properties using different experiments that would help with the understanding of fundamentals.

My placement is great, I was given real tasks that is connected to what my department and manager and other colleagues are working on.

I feel that my colleagues and my supervisor valued my input and work.

My supervisor was extremely supportive and helpful in guiding me towards the right direction and providing me with very useful information.

There were a lot of tasks to finish, but I was given sufficient time to complete them. I was given the freedom to practice time management on my own terms.

I was given responsibility over my work that was given by my manager.

The skills I practice everyday with regards to the scientific method and the 'soft skills' including communicating with others, time managing and thinking on my feet are all very useful in the future.

The general atmosphere was very pleasant and the colleagues are all very friendly.

The placement was very well organised, from the beginning to my current date on my placement.

The company invested time and effort in helping me understand the industry and the intern community is a great tool in personal training and development.

My placement is said to be helpful in the company's decision in hiring me in the future.

The social scene is great, particularly with the intern community.

Cambridge wasn't cheap but wasn't overly expensive either.

The nightlife could have been a bit better, in my opinion. But it is a student town, so that helped

There are opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work, particularly with social scenes.