Finance Assistant at Experian

Nottingham East Midlands

7.7/10

7.7

•Financial reporting/forecasting using an array bespoke software on a daily basis.
•Reporting to high-level management on Public Sector revenue and transaction activity.
•Working on cross-functional projects e.g. global travel expense initiatives and client credit risk.

My time at Experian was great and I enjoyed it a alot. The people and culture were both professional and friendly throughout. Although the job role was not an area which I wanted to follow a career in, the people I met and interacted with on a daily basis made my decision to reconsider career path.

The personal development focus was brilliant, and they consistently dedicated time to go through personal and team appraisals of which I felt valued.

Management was very supportive of my working efforts and in particular they were very supportive of my out of work commitments.

Due to the nature of the position I was in, we were very bust towards month-end, but this balanced out perfectly for the rest of the month. In general, there was always a consistent amount of work which always kept me on my toes.

A high degree bearing on the level I came in on.

This skills I acquired did not enhance my degree due to the shire nature of the course, but I working for Experian gave me a true insight into what it is like to work for a large and complex global organisation and what working life is all about. The challenging and quick paced environment was a true eye opener and allowed me to use real life examples when applying theory to practice.

There is a well organised programme which all undergraduates undertake which was good.

As much they could have done.