•Financial reporting/forecasting using an array bespoke software on a daily basis.
•Reporting to high-level management on Public Sector revenue and transaction activity.
•Working on cross-functional projects e.g. global travel expense initiatives and client credit risk.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My time at Experian was great and I enjoyed it a alot. The people and culture were both professional and friendly throughout. Although the job role was not an area which I wanted to follow a career in, the people I met and interacted with on a daily basis made my decision to reconsider career path.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The personal development focus was brilliant, and they consistently dedicated time to go through personal and team appraisals of which I felt valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management was very supportive of my working efforts and in particular they were very supportive of my out of work commitments.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the position I was in, we were very bust towards month-end, but this balanced out perfectly for the rest of the month. In general, there was always a consistent amount of work which always kept me on my toes.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A high degree bearing on the level I came in on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This skills I acquired did not enhance my degree due to the shire nature of the course, but I working for Experian gave me a true insight into what it is like to work for a large and complex global organisation and what working life is all about. The challenging and quick paced environment was a true eye opener and allowed me to use real life examples when applying theory to practice.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There is a well organised programme which all undergraduates undertake which was good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As much they could have done.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?