Financial Software Developer at Bloomberg

London Greater London
Banking/Finance Computer Science

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

9.7/10

R&D intern in fixed income electronic trading team

Awesome environment and atmosphere.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

Everyone I worked with was helpful and friendly.

As an intern, my guidance was coming mostly from my mentor and he was always there to help me. I also learnt a lot from him on the company's culture

You work around 10 hours a day and stay after working hours as well, but nobody is pushing you to do it, you just feel that way. So it was busy, but was worth it.

I started my project from scratch basically and it was a large and essential project, so I feel I was given a lot of responsibility, which actually improved my experience in the company even more.

I am a C++ person and since the main language they work on is that, I can say it was a great training for me. Also I learnt a lot about front end/UI, as I haven't done that much before, and also understood more about general software architecture organisation.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

There was something new and exciting every day and you could see that people there have fun time, and also participate in many society-oriented charities and events.

We had events every week, both within R&D - to learn more about what different departments do - and among all interns - to create network of friends among future colleagues.

We had a week and half of full-time training, which was really intensive and studied technologies that both applied in company only or everywhere. Most internships don't have training programs, so I could say that the company has invested in me a lot.

Talking to people in the company and learning about how others have developed there, as long as you work hard, the firm provides great and fast career development.

Social gathering in week days and weekends were constant, had a great with my colleagues

Well it's London - so cost of living is very high, but the salary is more than average so it is enough. As for socialising - I don't think there is a thing you can't do in London

The company is positioned in the business area of the city, but just around it is full of people during the night

Yes - charities and sport clubs