Global Data Analist at Bloomberg

Banking/Finance

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

9.6/10

It was truly a great experience! The attitude towards interns within the company is incredible. I was able to ask any person for help and learn from them. I was able to apply my skills and most importantly get recognised for it.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

Colleagues were extremely friendly and helpful. I could easily get along with anyone from the company. There is incredible teamwork within the company because of the respect people have for each other. I felt more as an analyst rather than intern.

The structure within the company is very meritocratic. I was sitting a desk away from my Team Leader and my mentor was just behind me. Any time I had a question they were both eager to help me learn and develop my skills.

There was a great balance of learning or informational sessions and the projects we received, I got involved in many interesting projects and learned a lot from them. The workload more or less depended on us interns. My mentor often said "Ask and you shall receive!"

The projects that I worked on were of great significance to the company. The team that I was in were developing a new program and there were many areas that needed to be developed. I can confidently say that my work has influenced departments worldwide.

The experience and training I received has helped me understand the theoretical basis of the subjects, their importance and implications in the real world.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

With one word... Fun! The atmosphere was very youthful and engaging. Colleagues had a great sense of humour and easily got along with them.

The internship was very well organised with many activities throughout. It was an ideal mix between on-the-desk work and events to introduce us to the firm, industry etc. We also had organised social events after work where we could network with colleagues as well as between departments.

The company had evidently invested a great deal of finances and effort to make the internship experience as strong as it was.

The company has incredible prospect with the opportunity to not just "follow" a pathway, but create one for yourself.

The group of interns was very united and we often went out after work and had loads of fun. We often organised events, gatherings and night outs between interns.

The place I was staying was relatively cheap for the London scene thus I cannot complain, although London as a city to live in is fairly expensive. Same would go for the cost of socialising.

Many bars, restaurants and clubs were just within 5-10 minutes reach from work.

Absolutely. From volunteering, sports teams to societies within the company that we could participate in.