Trainee Litigation Case Handler at Shoosmiths

Northampton East Midlands
Administration/Secretarial Banking and Finance Law

8.3/10

8.6

I wouldn't hesitate in saying that my Placement Year with Shoosmiths (Asset Finance - The Lakes) was the best year of my life to date.

I was given a lot of responsibility from very early on. This meant that I felt trusted, and that my time would be spent worthwhile. I have developed a number of strong friendships as a result.

The team in which I was placed was a new area of law for me; an area that I was completely unfamiliar with. The support/guidance that was received was first class; i was made to feel welcome, I was supported when I needed it and the guidance/advice helped me to develop in a way I didn't think I could.

Always busy! Which was a good thing. I am an active person and having the pressure of a big workload (a lot of responsibility) early on helped me to focus and kept me engaged through-out my time at Shoosmiths.

I was given my own caseload within a month of starting in my new role. This was exciting, challenging and ultimately helped me to focus and develop.

Best year of my life. Both in terms of my personal development, and in developing my networking/social skills. I have made a number of long-lasting friendships and have also secured a Training Contract for 2016 - all because of the confidence/experience that I gained during my Placement Year. I literally cannot thank Shoosmiths enough.

Of course, with any office environment there is a limit on the amount of 'fun' which can be had. However, Shoosmiths (particularly Asset Finance) is made up of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. There was never a day that went by where I was not looking forward to going into work. The open-planned offices helped to break down the awkwardness of first meets, and helped to develop strong friendship early on. I miss it!

I applied. I was hired. I worked with incredible, passionate people. I made incredible friends. I returned to studies. Simple.

I felt incredibly appreciated and felt as though I had limitless resources/advise at my fingertips.

Training Contract 2016 :-)!

Placement students all got along, and Asset Finance regularly went on 'team nights out'

Prices were fairly reasonable - not as cheap as university, but cheaper than London!

I had many'a good times out... Mostly, I don't remember...

I played rugby at Twickenham with Shoosmiths, sold Krispy Kreme doughnuts, partook in a Dragon Boat Race...