1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had the opportunity to work with great people and rotated in excellent teams within my division, working on exciting projects. There were also a number of enjoyable social events for the Intern class throughout the Internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The employees I worked with gave me challenging work, which gave me the opportunity to contribute to projects. I think my team always valued my opinion and were open to any ideas or suggestions that I had.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers would always check that I was ok, they would have a look at what I was working on and provide me with feedback. I always felt that I could go to my manager if I had any problems.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was fairly busy most days, it was very rare if I had nothing to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given quite a lot of responsibility during my Internship. In particular, I produced a piece of work that was then used in a report to very senior employees.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed a number of skills from my internship that will be valuable for my degree studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very welcoming, friendly and could be quite lively at times.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Internship was very organised. I knew in advance of any crucial dates, intern events and the internship process in general.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had a number of skills sessions during my Internship. These included presentation skills, time management skills and 'developing your brand' skills. As well as a number of informative presentations on certain topics, such as the economy.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think they are very appealing. There are opportunities to work overseas, move around in divisions and a number of training and development opportunities.
I was fortunate to be offered a job with them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, very good. There were a number of organised Internship events. As well as Interns meeting up for lunch and after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is quite expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London has a great nightlife, as there are a number of restaurants and bars in the area, especially where I was based.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
My division had quite a lot of social events outside of work.