Case Handler at Shoosmiths

Northampton East of England
Legal/Law

9.0/10

Debt recovery case handler, working on a litigation team.

Shoosmiths has provided a good platform to enhance knowledge of how a large law firm works.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

The colleagues at Shoosmiths didn't make me feel like a placement student/ The work I was completeting was the same as the my collegaues therefore I was valued the same.

I was provided with support when necessary in my placement time at shoosmiths. With executives being on each time they are readily available if ever needed. Along with team leaders that are also located in the same offices.

The RSG area of the firm operates on a computer system. Therefore there is also work available to complete without having to be istructed by an exec. However, on some occassions work is allocated.

The task I carried out were the same as that of a case handler. Therefore all the responsibility they had I had. This includes applying to courts for judgment, as well as proceedign with enforcement methods.

Working in a large firm has shown me how they operate. I also now know what I would eed to do in order to progress with my career after university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

The atmosphere is relaxed yet busy, everyone has their set tasks to complete. Staff are approachable and willing to help if needed.

Training was scheduled for in the first few weeks. This meant all the training was provided before initial work began.

alot of training associated to the job was given. For example, emotion training, training in association with enforcement methods and how to trat clients.

Very appealing. Haing got na insight for how the company works the environment and people all appealed to how I aspire my work environment to be in the future.

The social scene within teams at shoosmiths is something that made the placement more enjoyable. From team ice skating to karaoke, lots of events outside work were organised to get people involved.

I lived at home whilst working at shoosmiths due to the location in which the offices were and where I live at home. However, I was working with 3 other placement students who lived in Northampton. They didn't seem to have a problem with finding accomodation adn travelling to work. Shoosmiths also helped move hours to accomodate this.

The night life is good. Lots of bars and pubs.

Work provided opportunites, especially in my specific team as previously mentioned.