Intern at Savills

London

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Savills

Savills is a Top Employer

4.3/5

4.3
4.2
4.3

I was awarded a place on the four week summer internship scheme in Savills' head office in the West End of London. I was placed within the National Development department assisting the development surveyors with their daily tasks. My main responsibility was the compilation of comparable market evidence which was used to help establish the value of development sites. Savills arranged several talks by different specialists within the industry, a quiz evening, and numerical and verbal reasoning tests. We also had a mid-placement and subsequent final review in order to obtain feedback on our progress.

The experience was really enjoyable, I was made to feel like a member of the team from day one.

The challenging nature of the tasks assingned to me made me feel like a valued team player, not a 'dogsbody' as has been the criticism of friends at other firms.

I was kept very busy throughout the placement. It can be difficult for an intern to keep approaching people for more work, but it is best to do so rather than sit twiddling thumbs - that is of no use to anyone.

I was given an appropriate amount of responsibility for the role.

There were several events which were organised, like talks from different specialists, which really gave us an insight into our future careers.

• There were no perks with this Internship

The placement led to being offered a place at the assesment centre next January.