Commercial Auctions Summer Student at Savills

London West End

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Savills

Savills is a Top Employer

3.3/5

3.1
2.4

During my placement the team that I was placed in were getting ready for their next commercial auction. My day to day work, therefore, involved assisting with this process and included visiting properties and taking photos, writing up catalogue pages, making legal documents available and posting online, assisting with property viewings for potential buyers and assisting on the day of the auction in gaining the details of buyers and bidders.

I greatly enjoyed my placement and learnt a great deal about the department's work. I also learnt about the company as a whole and working life in general.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Savills

This varied between colleagues as some did not become involved in assigning me tasks.

Support and guidance readily given upon asking and briefings offered.

Often had to ask for tasks to stay busy.

I felt I was given a good amount of responsibility and was asked to complete a variety of tasks that would otherwise need doing by another team member. My work was then reviewed and advice given if needed.

This training was very relevant for my career opportunities and gave me a greater awareness of the market that I will soon be working in.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Savills

I enjoyed the organised talks and social events but felt the department had not planned my role to a great extent.

• There were no perks with this Internship

Social gatherings were sometimes difficult due to placements students commuting from a wide area.

Did not get to know the area well.

Opportunities to become involved in graduate events, e.g. sports.