Commercialisation & Marketing Assistant at Savills

London

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Savills

Savills is a Top Employer

4.6
3.4
3.9

The role involved acting as an assistant to the commercialisation and marketing managers as part of the retail asset management team. This meant I could be doing anything from negotiating deals on short term licences for catering vans on sites to longer term deals for car wash/valeting services but also working on the marketing side to produce centre magazines, promotions and websites. The role was extremely varied and therefore very interesting as it related to an important income generating aspect to property management which is often overlooked.

It was extremely involved with lots of responsibility which I enjoyed enormously. The only reason it was not the best job ever is because it is not in the exact department I want my career to be in but everything else was excellent.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Savills

I felt I was given plenty of responsibility from the outset and therefore had ample opportunity to show my worth and become valued by the team for the work I could do.

The management of the scheme was very good and the specific team I was employed by were always up to date with my progress throughout the internship.

Inevitably my work load increased throughout my time in the team which gave me sufficient time to find my feet at the beginning, particularly by helping with more administrative tasks so that when the chance to negotiate deals etc I felt I was ready, able and understood the business well enough to be able to do this with confidence.

I was treated as though I were a permanent member of staff and therefore had plenty of responsibility.

It was the first time I had negotiated deals and written reports in a professional setting for clients and as such the value of the experience cannot be understated.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Savills

The atmosphere was professional but fun; it had a good balance though this varied between team and when there were different work load pressures.

The placement was very well organised by central staff and the team I worked for were also well briefed.

It was not necessary for me to undertake any specific training for the role so this does not really apply.

• There were no perks with this Internship

The company is extremely appealing and I would encourage anyone to apply but as the market has not fully recovered to the extent it has applicants must realise that competition is considerable and therefore internships are a useful way of getting to know a company first.

Mayfair is expensive.