1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the placement very much. they was a channellege and everyday you would alwyas got to work on differenet server
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
colleagues was very friendly. the office is never really quiet there will be someone talking to you, while you are working. we all use to go out, on someones leaving do, birthday etc...
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We had meetings atleast once a week in the beginning to see how i was coping and then once a month. You could always seek for help within the whole team
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is always work to do. somedays the quene, which i use 70% of the time, might be not that busy, but if you ask managment, they well provide you with work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
i was given a lot of responsibility during my placement. they make you feel like your equal within the team, regarding access and working on main projects
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
i think that i have recieved more confidence, with the way i speak. i have also learnt more about SQl, whihc will hopefully help me in my final year project as it will include soem SQl coding.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It has a really good environment, where you can chat to one another or as a whole group, as well as insuring your doing your work and finish your targets
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was good. When i joined, they gave me a induction day. they made sure that becasue the pervious student was using the PC i would have a temporary laptop to use. the HR would always keep me informed of anything new or that has changed relating to my placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The organisation has a very friendly atmosphere. They train you up, including documention to look at.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was two other students,who went to the same university as me.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the salary was avergae, however for me it was travelling for and hour and a bit driving to get to work for 8.30. (as i lived back at home)
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is not much in Hersham. only a few shops. the nearest nightlife will be walton -on-thames, i believe
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes they had a gym and loads of sporting activities, that was competing against other companies.